Gimbal also allows you to add your own non-Gimbal, Third-Party iBeacons, allowing you to fully integrate any iBeacon within our software. This allows you to activate your own iBeacons and get all of the benefits and features of the Gimbal platform. Third-Party beacons can be added to any new or existing Places. This is currently available for iBeacons and potentially Eddystone beacons in the near future. Requires SDK version 2.40 and above, we always recommend you download our latest SDK.
- Navigate to the “Beacon Management” page
- Click on “Activate Beacon” in top navigation
- Select “Third-Party iBeacon” in drop down menu in “Beacon Type”
- Name your Beacon
- Enter the Proximity UUID, Major & Minor
- Check Create Place (defaulted to instantly Create a Place with your beacon activation)
- Click on “Activate iBeacon” button
Best Practices for Third-Party Beacons:
We make it easy for customers to use our platform who have existing iBeacons that have already been deployed. This allows customers to buy any other beacon form factors which are not provided/supplied by Gimbal directly. Existing customers can also leverage third-party iBeacons/Eddystone in our platform.