This article explains how to replace batteries in your beacons. You can always see the latest reported battery status for your beacons by visiting Gimbal Manager at https://manager.gimbal.com/ , logging in with your Gimbal Developer Account and the organization you activated your beacon against, and clicking 'Beacons' in the left side menu.
Replacing a Series 10 battery
The S10 uses one standard CR2032 3V coin-cell battery. To replace the battery:
1. Open the beacon with a coin (or flat tool)
2. Remove and properly dispose of the old battery
3. Install a new CR2032 3V coin-cell battery with positive terminal facing up. Close the beacon.
Note: When reconfiguring Beacons or storing CR2032 batteries, avoid having the batteries stacked or touching as this may cause a short circuit or other hazard and will almost certainly drain the batteries.
Replacing Series 20, Series 21 or Series 22 batteries
These beacons use four (4) standard AA alkaline batteries. To replace the batteries:
- Switch the power switch to the ‘Off’ position (Series 21 only)
- Remove and properly dispose of the old batteries
- Install four (4) new AA alkaline batteries paying careful attention to direction
- Switch the power switch to the ‘On’ position (Series 21 only)
Note: It’s important when replacing the batteries to only use new, matched batteries of the same type. Using mixed batteries may cause problems with the Beacon. Make sure you follow the label or embossed indications within each beacon for how the batteries should be inserted.