Each Gimbal enabled-application monitors set of Places defined in their organization. A Place Visit is defined when any instance of that application (end-user) completes visit to a Place (arrives and depart). Gimbal exposes raw Place Visits analytics events via portal: manager.gimbal.com. A Place Visit contains following items:
App Instance ID
- A UUID value representing a unique instance of a Gimbal SDK. This value corresponds to an end-user unless multiple Gimbal SDK enabled applications are installed on the same device.
v1 User ID
- User ID for Gimbal v1 SDK [not currently in use]
Time Zone Offset
- Time Zone offset returned from the Operating System
- A flag indicating if user has opted in/out to show personalized ads.
The value of TRUE means the interest-based ads can be shown, while FALSE means the interest-based ads shall not be shown.
- A UUID value representing an application
- The name of the application. This value is defined at the time of the creation of new Application by a Gimbal Developer
- The bundle identifier is the unique string that identifies your application to the Google Play or iTunes App
- Android or iOS
- A UUID value representing an organization
- A UUID value representing a visit
- Visit start time with the format: MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS
- Visit end time with the format: MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS
Dwell Time (seconds)
- Duration of the visit. This number is the time between Visit End and Visit Start
- A UUID value representing a Place
- The name of the Place created by Gimbal Developer
- The type of fence that triggered the visit to the Place. Gimbal has three supported fence types today: geofence, beacon (Gimbal Beacons), iBeacon (iBeacon as a Place).
- Latitude of the device at the time of arrival to the Place
- Longitude of the device at the time of arrival to the Place
- Latitude of the device at the time of departure to the Place
- Longitude of the device at the time of departure to the Place