There are many ways companies measure lift. Some will have a larger radial geofence around a given area (200-500m) to attract users via push to a surrounding area. They will then have a smaller (50m) radial geofence around the center of a store locations. Some will have a polygonal geofence around the store. Gimbal does have a solution to help retailers build this out. One option is to do some logic on the back-end to determine if a customer receives the push and entered the smaller 'inner' geofence and dwelled for X period of time. Others will use this and/or coupon redemption codes. Coupon redemptions are the most accurate way to measure lift as you can count the revenue dollars and not just visits.
Articles in this section
- What is the best way to measure incremental lift?
- Will I receive Communicate notifications if app is in background?
- Can I use a Geofence to trigger personalized communications to users?
- How do I set up Gimbal to use push notifications (required for Time-based Communicate and Instant Communicate)?
- Why is my application not receiving any location-based or time-based communications?
- I have beacons and would like to test the platform. Where can i find documentation that would allow me to integrate your beacons with my platform and where should I begin?
- To use the Gimbal platform do I need beacons? Does the Proximity user receive content?