Gimbal also allows you to add your own non-Gimbal, Third-Party iBeacons, allowing you to fully integrate any beacon configured with iBeacon™ technology within our software. This allows you to activate your own iBeacons and get some of the features and benefits of the Gimbal platform.
Third-Party beacons can be added to new or existing Places within your Organization. This is currently available for iBeacons and we are considering adding similar support for Eddystone beacons in the future. Doing this requires Gimbal SDK version 2.40 and above in your application.
- Navigate to the “Beacon Management” page
- Click on “Activate Beacon” in top navigation
- Select “Third-Party iBeacon” in drop down menu in “Beacon Type”
- Name your Beacon
- Enter the Proximity UUID, Major & Minor
- Check Create Place (defaulted to instantly Create a Place with your beacon activation)
- Click on “Activate iBeacon” button