This article will provide step by step instructions on how to activate a beacon.
To activate a Beacon, you will need your Beacon’s Activation Code/Factory ID. It has a format similar to XXXX-XXXXX consisting of numbers and letters.
- For Series 10 beacons, use a coin or flat tool to open the beacon. The Activation Code/Factory ID is found on the second line of the label affixed inside the beacon.
- For Series 21 beacons, the Activation Code/Factory ID can be found on the exterior label of the beacon's box ("Activation Code"), within the interior of the beacon on a label between the two sets of batteries
- For U-Series 5 beacons, the Activation Code/Factory ID is located on the outside of the beacon's anti-static bag/package as well as on the black casing of the beacon itself.
- Once found, visit https://manager.gimbal.com/ on the web and create a Gimbal Developer Account if necessary
- Login to your account and navigate to ‘Beacons’ -> ‘Beacon Management’ (in the left-hand side menu)
- Click on “Activate Beacon” in top navigation
Select “Gimbal Beacons” from drop down menu in “Beacon Type”
Name Your Beacon
Input Factory ID (found on beacon)
Check Create Place (defaulted to instantly Create a Place with your beacon activation)
Click on “Activate Gimbal Beacon” button
The beacon will then appear in your My Beacons page in Beacon Management once successfully activated.
Note: If you’ve ordered beacons in bulk, instructions on how to make activating them easier are listed within this article.