This article will walk you through the process of bulk importing places via a csv file.
Step 1: Navigate to the Places page and click on the Import menu item towards the top of the screen.
Step 2: In the dialog that pops up, click on the link at the bottom to download a sample csv
Step 3: Remove the sample data
Step 4: Enter the appropriate information in the csv and save it
Step 5: Click on the Import menu item once again and then click on the "Choose File" button to select your newly-created csv
- A header row is required in the csv
- If you enter an ID in the ID field that matches a place in your organization, the import process will update the place with the new information. See Bulk updating Places for more information.
- We recommend using the REST API when updating more than 2000 places
- You must provide a "longitude 1" and "latitude 1" columns
- You must provide a radius
- You must define at least 3 pairs of longitude and latitude columns
- If you enter a beacon ID in the beacon ID field that matches a beacon in your organization, the import process will update the beacon with the new information. See Bulk updating Places for more information.
- To activate a new beacon, use the Factory ID field. This will also automatically activate it to your account.
- Every attribute name must have a corresponding attribute value
You will then receive an email when your import is complete which will also note any errors that were encountered.